Search the Library with Destiny (includes eBooks)
Locate materials in the library with DESTINY
Accessible from any Internet connection:http://www.dcslib.com You can also create your own account, read ebooks, search using Destiny Quest, and use WebPath Express to access educator-approved websites for research help. *******************************************
Want to keep up with due dates, library fines, and have access to ALL eBooks?
Create an Account in Destiny at DMS
(Necessary to read SOME ebooks. Do this on a computer/laptop rather than in the Destiny Quest App.)
- Go to http://www.dcslib.com/
- Click on "Demopolis Middle School."
- Click "Create Account" in the upper right-hand corner.
- Enter your last name and Destiny Barcode number (your 10-digit state ID number, beginning with 19). Click "Next."
- Create a Username and Password that you will remember. (Your librarian will not have access to this information.) An email address is optional. Click "Save."
- You are now back to the Destiny website. Notice your name in the upper right-hand corner.
- Test your account by logging out and then clicking "Login" in the upper right-hand corner. Enter your username and password and click "Login." (NOTE: BE SURE TO LOG OUT WHEN YOU ARE DONE.)
- Once you are in your account, you have tabs at the top:
- Home: info including a link to search for AR books
- Catalog: to search for books, with many useful links on the left. You can also put books on hold from here.
- My info: Lists titles you have checked out, on reserve, due dates, fines and links to ebooks you have checked out.
- If you want to check out an ebook:
- Click on the title of the book from the Catalog. A list of ebooks can be found in one of the Resource Lists, accessed either on the Catalog tab or through the Destiny Quest App. The Destiny Quest App is free in your App Store. Just follow the prompt to sign in. You will be asked for your library URL. It is www.dcslib.com.
- On the right side of the eBook, click "Open."
The eBook opens in another window. Some publishers offer unlimited, simultaneous use, so the eBook can be viewed by anyone at anytime. Other publishers require you to be logged into your account to read their eBooks and require you to check them out to guarantee access for one week. Look for the Checkout option in the icons in the margins.
- In Follett eBooks, your username link at the top right has "Help," instructions to "Download Offline Reader," and a link to "Log out."
- To Download the Offline Reader: Follow instructions provided to download the Follett Digital Reader. The FollettShelf URL is: http://wbb06437.follettshelf.com, if you are asked for it. Use your Destiny account username and password.
- Every time you stop reading your ebook, you should log out if you are on a public computer.
- Once you have an ebook checked out, you can get back to it by:
- Logging into Destiny and clicking on the "My Info" tab
- Using the Destiny Quest App and the Follett Digital Reader App on your iPad. (After you install both apps, just log into Destiny Quest and the Follett Reader will open when needed, on its own.)